BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits & relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant & the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first & offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted & loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Roses Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
Were looking for a Senior Technical Architect to help build the worlds best digital operations platform for restaurants. This role will be instrumental in building new applications, solving complex problems, & contributing high-quality code. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python & React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
- Scale existing applications, through iterative, incremental improvements in architecture & implementation
- Ensure teams implement & adhere to cloud based architectural design patterns & best practices
- Collaboratively design effective, efficient technical solutions, & clearly, concisely communicate & execute with engineering team
- Consult with Product Owner, development leadership & subject matter experts on technical approach, implementation, & sizing of product roadmap projects & features
- Support product engineers in the definition of delivery plans & squad commitments
- Support product engineers in the prevention & resolution of application security threats & issues
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, & values
Skills & Attributes
- 10+ years of experience writing production code
- 3+ years of being in a software architecture role
- Strong experience architecting & developing solutions for a scaling ecommerce platform
- Strong experience working with cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Strong experience building REST API's
- Strong experience writing code within the context of a web-based framework such as Django Rails or Node along with an ORM.
- A strong understanding of React with Redux
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter benefits, life insurance)
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development, growth, & support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Stylish SoHo office with fresh snacks, seltzer, cold brew coffee, & a bar
- Delicious catered lunches from BentoBox customers every Friday
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Please share with us why youre interested in this position. Include a link to your Github account, or any other public code samples youd like to share with us.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 15-minute screening call with our Recruiting team.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute phone screen with our VP of Engineering to discuss overall fit.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute phone screen with our CTO to discuss technical achievements.
- The final round will consist of meeting with a member of the product team & a few engineers.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer pending a reference check.