Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance. The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer serves as the Contact Center & Twilio Flex expert within any sales opportunity.
The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win & product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, & offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer is both highly technical & a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out a flow on a whiteboard with technical decision makers.
*You will be traveling 20%-35% of the time for this role
Twilio is looking for a Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- Previous experience in Contact Center, Telecom, & SIP
- Some previous pre-sales experience a huge plus
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate & creative problem solver with know how to get things done & ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator & presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an customers communications needs & guide them to a technical solution
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) & cloud application architecture.
- Some previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live theTwilio Magic every day.
- BE AN OWNER: Build & present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Assist customers with Pilot & Proof-of-Concept implementations
- BE AN OWNER: Quickly learn new products & new technologies
- Form a deep understanding of their business & the problems theyre trying to solve
- DONT SETTLE: Keep asking probing questions.
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
- Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize & plan for deal success
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Educate & mentor customers & colleagues
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Assist with customer hackathons.
- DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable & inspire innovation.
Solutions Engineers play a major role in Twilios sales organization & are critical to deal success. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products & technology. SEs help customers achieve success by leading the technical & product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, & guiding them on how to use Twilios APIs.
Twilio customers often share common use cases, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. Each company is unique when it comes to process, technology stacks, & skill. The Twilio Solutions Engineer owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful class A office at 110 William Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, ergonomic desks, massages, game room, monthly All Hands gatherings & more.You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.