Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making banking, saving & investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers & building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, & enjoy life.
We are seeking a Senior Director of Brokerage Operations to become part of a small, highly skilled team. In this role, youll report to the Head of the Invest Operating Unit. Youll work closely with key partners in Product, Engineering, & Customer Experience to build the brokerage business of the future.
Youll have two key areas of responsibility:
Broker-Dealer Operations: retail trading, reconciliation, account crediting, error resolution, vendor monitoring, SLA management, account opening, account closing, customer account settings, document display, & customer profiles.
Broker-Dealer Platform Development: iterating on the retail brokerage platform infrastructure in order to facilitate the development of new products & offerings, potentially including a margin & deposit business, real-time trading, & ultimately a shift to a full omnibus clearing structure.
What youll do:
- Collect & collaborate on functional business requirements & goals, existing business dependencies & future platform direction to convert into architecture & high-level design plans.
- Effectively communicate operational logical and/or physical design concepts to both technical & non-technical stakeholders.
- Provide direction to & partner with cross-functional teams, including product & engineering, to drive delivery of future brokerage platform roadmaps, initiatives for new features, & optimization of existing features/functionality.
- Responsible for all aspects of day to day trading, reconciliation, account crediting, error resolution, vendor monitoring, SLA management, account opening, account closing, customer account settings, document display, & customer profiles.
- Leverage ongoing competitive, market, & user research to ensure decisions are based on sound use of both qualitative & quantitative data.
- Identify & track KPIs for each area of responsibility.
What were looking for:
- 10+ years of retail broker dealer trading & back office experience
- Understand the key elements of brokerage trading, operations, & platform design & integration, & their end-to-end flows, relevant enterprise, & industry solution architecture standards understand challenges in integrating operational systems with existing FI ecosystem.
- Experience managing & delivering large scale projects. Proven track record of managing end-to-end delivery to time, budget & quality requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail & the ability to oversee multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to set direction & delegate, then follow up as necessary to ensure the team meets project/program deliverables are being met.
- Series 7 & 24 licenses required.
We believe that diversity & inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, & building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow & retain & we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits andFlexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens & catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services & Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.