The Director of Investor Relations will broaden & enhance shareholder value & the organization's financial image through a superlative investor & shareholder communications program.
- Lead the quarterly earnings process, including writing the press release & script, preparing the earnings call presentation, & preparing management for Q&A; support composition of SEC filings.
- Ensure regular communication with existing shareholders, while targeting new potential long-term shareholders.
- Point of contact for Appians covering sell-side research analysts, as well as potential future analysts.
- Prioritize & organize conferences & analyst sessions for Investor Relations/management to participate in or host.
- Monitor shareholders & coordinate with various vendors to understand the composition of shareholder base.
- Work with management to refine the Appian messaging for external shareholders.
- Prepare presentations, including board material & investor decks.
- Capital markets support, including partnering with investment banks, stock exchange, etc.
- Collaborate across the organization, including engineering, marketing, & sales, to unify reporting of metrics & company messaging.
- Support ad hoc projects from management, finance, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Business, or related field required.
- At least five years of business experience required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & networking skills with a variety of personalities & positions.
- Solid understanding of the financials & metrics performance as well as the product & market to create a narrative for external consumption.
- Ability to convert complex financial information into understandable text.
- Ability to analyze & improve opportunities for investors.
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.