Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We're looking for an experienced, results-driven Product Marketing expert to work closely with Product, Engineering & Operations to develop & grow Compass suite of real estate tools!
The successful candidate must have experience in product strategy & a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate within product teams to drive results. In this role, you will be expected to develop & execute all GTM & adoption activities from launch through a products lifecycle to maturity.
You will work to create effective channel strategies, oversee creative asset development & education programs (virtual training etc), empower sales enablement on a regional level, & develop detailed reporting mechanisms to test & improve campaigns -- all with the focused goal of improving adoption & engagement of the Compass platform.
You will be the expert on our products' value to customers & who is using it where & why across all of our markets. This leader must thrive as a part of a cross-functional team, exhibit excellent analytical & communication skills, & have a strong bias for action.
If you are passionate about solving business problems, love using data to solve marketing challenges & thrive in a fast-paced environment, we'd be excited to meet you. This is a full-time position that will report into the Senior Manager of Growth Product Marketing.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead outbound product marketing efforts & develop product GTM strategy across your product area
- Partner with Product Management to lead market assessment, identify customer blockers across markets to understand & unlock product & growth opportunities
- Proactively identify adoption opportunities to improve product health
- Oversee industry research for positioning & messaging around the product, including positioning to our customer, our employees & our customers clients
- Represent the requirements of our market/customers through quantitative & qualitative analysis internally with Product Management & Engineering
- Demonstrate thought-leadership & an understanding of the broader Compass ecosystem to develop product direction & positioning
- Partner with Business Product Marketing & Product Managers to optimize channel strategy to increase reach & drive engagement
- Create messaging & communication strategy, including sales-enablement materials, customer resources, press releases, etc.
- Evaluate & optimize the current PMM programs & processes in order to gain efficiencies & drive increased impact
- Develop a point of view on customer segmentation to create more impactful messaging strategies that best resonates with a variety of customer types
- Become the expert in understanding our customers business & the challenges they face then surfacing ways technology can help solve those problems
What We Look For:
- 4-6 years experience in a similar role, preferably at a B2B or B2B2C Saas company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Deep expertise in sourcing & analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing campaign decisions as well as a high comfort level in operating with & making decisions with partial information
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic levels - to define customer problems / marketing / positioning of our products - & also at very tactical levels, such as launching a product to our internal teams or customers in close collaboration with multiple business functions.
- Extremely skilled at planning go-to-market plans that translate into measurable adoption results.
- Outstanding communication skills - written & verbal - with the ability to tailor messaging strategy for different audiences.
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people & communication skills, including strong writing abilities & proven experience communicating key value messages to a variety of audiences both internal & external to Compass.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, & work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Technical ability & experience around email marketing, in-platform messaging & push notification strategy
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.