The Senior Director of Technical Program Management will join NS1 lead & evolve the program management department within our technology organization that facilitates an environment for successful execution of product strategy for SaaS & on-premises software products. This role will be focused on three core areas: mentoring & building out the PMO, creating & deploying a global SDLC process, & establishing operational interlocks with other departments along with transparent communication & metrics.
Working closely with engineering, current technical program managers, & product leadership the director will better define & drive how we get work done, effectively designing & influencing the change required to strengthen our organizational practices with the scaling demands of the business.
The director will leverage deep expertise in software delivery methodologies to socialize & implement best practices across engineering team efforts on our highest priority & most complex projects. The director will also be responsible for the development of their team of TPMs, prioritizing their growth, progression, & impact across the organization.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
- Drive standardization & implementation of best practices around software projects, risk identification/management, dependency tracking, team communication principles, workflows, & project ceremonies
- Work closely with engineering department leads & product management to continually improve how we get work done & establish a global SDLC
- Ensure projects have adequate program support & certify that projects & programs are being managed consistently based on best practices & policies.
- Establish training for product, engineers, & engineering managers on project management techniques.
- Establish common ceremonies & help ensure alignment across complex projects & programs
- Refine requirements for tools & data collection to establish common methodology for understanding project velocity, effort estimates, resource allocation, & project cost
- Develop a three strategy for the PMO that aligns & supports the business growth objectives
- Facilitate high profile/cross-functional meetings for leadership, including roadmapping & project kick-offs.
- Contribute program management to highest level strategic project development.
- Manage team of technical program managers (3-5 over next year) across engineering departments with a focus on developing core skills & providing outstanding leadership
- Ensure team's efforts attain predictability, repeatability, & clarity in implementation across engineering efforts, & enable engineering to deliver on commitments to our customers.
Ideally, youll bring:
- At least 8 years in program management, delivery lifecycle management, or project planning for a dynamic product or engineering organization with experience in a leadership capacity.
- Outstanding knowledge of best practices of TPM operating & engagement models.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers & product managers on product scope & technical risks.
- Proven talent for defining order out of ambiguity, & intrinsic flexibility to effectively adapt methodology to a variety of scenarios.
- Demonstrated comfort with remote communication culture. Can facilitate effectively with distributed teams.
- Meticulously organized, with strong attention to detail & understanding of intricate cross-dependencies.
- Experience managing delivery of larger development teams or multiple development teams, as well as managing additional project managers.
- Extra kudos for program development & direction at a multi-product technology company, experience with infrastructure products or distributed systems, experience working on highly technical products that are focused on mission critical backend systems
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.