Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- A strategic thinker focused on the optimization, scale & growth of the Talent team
- A leader that will partner with other members of the Talent organization to drive towards our top-line goal of getting the best Talent in the world to join MasterClass as instructors & become a partner for life
- A master of stakeholder management - capable of leading meetings for to align on strategic planning & executional work alike
- Proven track record of leading & scaling cross-functional teams towards a common goal
- Experience building strong relationships across leadership teams & use of excellent communication to reach alignment across executive teams
Responsibilities of the role:
- Design & development of the Talent teams workflows from pitching to closing - an eye for identifying scalable opportunities across the pipeline while also managing the bespoke requirements of prospective instructors
- Act as a strategic thought partner to other members of the Talent team, helping to shape our talent acquisition strategy across the board
- Operationalize & own key programs that drive the Talent teams process to pitch, close & schedule instructors to produce a MasterClass - examples include: consultant management, the evolution of pitch material & process & deal & contract management
- Build the playbook that will be used to scale our talent pipeline & operations function
- Serve as the primary Talent connection point with cross-functional teams (primarily Marketing, Content & Production teams) & facilitate collaboration towards achieving shared goals
- Lead quarterly & annual planning for the Talent team - define success metrics, drive strategic forecasting & scalable reporting
- 5+ years of experience in talent booking
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills - ability to distill complex thoughts & big picture opportunities & strategies into simple, actionable next steps
- Ability to work with a small interdisciplinary team & communicate effectively
- Experience with driving systemization & process development for cross-functional teams
- Experience implementing or managing sales tools is a plus
- Work full-time in our Los Angeles or San Francisco office
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.