At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft Business is changing the way companies, brands & organizations alike leverage the Lyft platform to redefine the way they operate. We are solving big problems, & meeting the needs of our clients & their people, from employees to customers & students to patients, in a whole new way.
Were looking for a Business Operations & Strategy Manager to lead strategic & operational initiatives that create both growth & efficiency across our Corporate Sales team. In this role, you will work directly with multiple stakeholders, including executive leadership & various cross-functional departments to successfully implement key initiatives. You will impact Lyft Business through exploring new business opportunities, analyzing complex scaling challenges, & improve existing operations. Were looking for the future leaders of Lyft who think critically, learn from mistakes, & adapt quickly.
- Gather & analyze data through quantitative & qualitative mechanisms to make decisions on critical strategic issues
- Support achievement of KPIs through analysis & execution of high impact initiatives across Lyft Business
- Assess industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities & internal performance
- Evaluate new opportunities & business models
- Build business cases to support recommendations & prioritize these opportunities
- Plan & drive implementation of new programs, processes, & systems to improve execution & productivity across teams
- Set targets & develop plans to improve business performance
- Launch, track, & adjust initiatives to drive business impact
- Example projects include: identifying resource & operational needs to inform Lyft Business geographic expansion strategy, partnering with Product Management & Engineering stakeholders to pinpoint cost savings & customer satisfaction opportunities on a key Lyft Business product
- BS/BA in Finance, Business, Economics or relevant field; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of strategy & operations roles, strategy consulting strongly preferred
- Propensity to ask insightful questions, conduct thorough research, & understand both high-level strategy & ground-level tactical needs
- Analytically minded with deep experience using data to drive insights & decision-making
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data to wide audiences, including executives, & build clear, concise presentations
- Adept at cross-functional collaboration, building consensus, & creating a shared plan
- Strong project management & leadership skills, including directing non-direct reports
- Sophisticated understanding of various performance metrics & KPIs for Sales & Business Development teams
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues
- Intellectually curious, detail-oriented, & driven to make an impact on the business
- Strongly predisposed to action & getting things done autonomously
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.