Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Behavioral Health Nurse to join our Cigna Clinical Concierge team in the Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are a small team of nurses & social workers who have the privilege of meeting members where they are with the goal of helping members with complex medical needs improve their health.
You are an experienced practitioner who has the desire to work both collaboratively & independently with both internal & external resources. You have excellent communication & clinical skills & are comfortable thinking outside the box to help solve your members challenges.
You will report to a Cigna + Oscar Case Management Lead.
- Assist in the coordination of care across a variety of settings (outpatient, ER, home care) while maintaining strict confidentiality & the highest level of professionalism
- Actively reach out to members undergoing difficult health challenges, develop care plans with them, & help guide them through the healthcare system to improve the overall experience
- Work with non-clinical teammates in assisting your members navigate the healthcare system
- Communicate with your members via phone or secure messaging using your clinical expertise in an unscripted way to provide education on health conditions, new medications, & procedures
- Coach your non-clinical teammates on how they can help you add more clinical value to all our member interactions
- Active, unrestricted RN license in State of Residence & ability to obtain license in other states if needed
- Experience with Behavioral Health patients
- Working knowledge of Milliman Care Guidelines preferred
- Ability to work effectively both on an individual basis & as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong computer skills to maintain accurate & complete documentation in our Case Management record systems
- CCM certification
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.