Data Product Managers at Peloton will lead the ideation & delivery of our data products. They help orchestrate business strategy, design & technology disciplines to drive solutions that provide significant business results through delivering highly effective stakeholder engagement. Data Product Managers will work with some of the most senior-level executives to drive alignment around the solutions we build & the value they deliver. They will also help ensure Peloton becomes more data-driven & focus on delivering against the KPIs for the data products.
The primary function of data product management is to balance the strategy, governance, & implementation of anything data-related, & facilitate the conversations between all impacted stakeholders executives, engineers, analysts, other product teams, & external stakeholders who consume the data.
About the Role:
An ideal Senior Director, Product Data Management should have demonstrated experience in managing and/or collaborating with engineers, designers, data scientists, machine learning practitioners & researchers to deliver great products & solutions. A successful leader in this role would require strong executive presence, ability to work effectively with remote teams & a proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership & successfully delivering results. You also need to show high collaboration, for both your stakeholders as well as your colleagues.
About the Team:
The Data Engineering organizations mission is to enable member delight, ensure reliability & create asymmetric value for our members & company through data & advanced analytics. Our team strives to build a deep knowledge of Pelotons members, so that we can inspire data-informed decision-making & maximize the impact of data on business outcomes & enhance member delight.
- As the first hire in Data Product Management you will build, lead & hold a team of Data Product Managers accountable for the development of a unified roadmap that will become the foundation of our data & advanced analytics platform at Peloton.
- Define OKRs for Pelotons data platforms & drive the team towards meeting or achieving those OKRs. This includes being accountable for individual OKRs of all Product Managers within the Data organization.
- Be an effective leader who solves for stakeholders needs. We expect you to build enough business context to effectively partner & collaborate with many types of stakeholders, including engineers, analysts, & leaders from different teams & functions. Stakeholders include Data Science, Machine Learning, Risk & Compliance, Business Intelligence, Revenue Analytics, Product Intelligence, Member analytics, Finance, etc.
- Manage & support Product Managers in your product group, providing them with guidance & mentorship to maximize their potential.
- Continue to strive for innovation. Be aware of developments that are happening in the data platform & advanced analytics space. Help us be conscious of the trade offs between build vs. buy, & guide us to make informed plans. Build strategic partnerships with global companies that will give us a competitive edge.
- Be execution & delivery-driven. We care about delivering efficient solutions fast.
- You will build a shared product vision & roadmap & execute on it.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com