Away is seeking an experienced Brand Manager of Campaigns to lead all 360 brand communications that will drive awareness, conversion, & loyalty while creating a strong emotional connection to our customers. This individual will manage & oversee the end-to-end IMC process for internal initiatives from comms brief, to plan development, to ultimate delivery of the IMC in market. Responsibilities span line extensions, limited editions, & partnerships. This role requires communications skills in liaising with cross functional teams, creative acumen in working with our creative partners, & media knowledge in collaborating with our growth team. An ideal candidate has a passion for brand strategy, creativity, & thinking innovatively about how we can amplify our brand message at scale. The role reports to the Brand Director, & is based in our SoHo, New York Headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Champion our brand positioning.
- Gain buy in & alignment on IMC briefs across all key stakeholders.
- Act as a point of contact for cross functional teams in the IMC process while ensuring that tactics align with strategic objectives of the brief & brand positioning.
- Partner with the Creative team to bring holistic plans to the Brand & Creative Services Directors
- Anticipate other teams needs & interdependencies build a strong, trustworthy & collaborative relationship with our creactive & growth teams.
- Collaborate closely with the PR team to build earned media amplification into our plans.
- Stay on top of marketing trends & news on culturally-relevant brands to help guide & shape future marketing support.
- Develop & maintain key performance metrics that track the efficacy of the IMC; summarize key learnings & recommended actions to allow us to optimize future IMC work.
Who you are:
- You have 4-6 years of relevant working experience; brand management and/or creative agency experience preferred.
- You are customer-obsessedyou understand our customer & how to speak to them at every point of the marketing funnel.
- You enjoy connecting the dots & partnering cross functionally. You are very familiar with brand strategy, creative development & multi-channel execution & have executed these at scale to drive business results & brand equity.
- You have experience leading briefings & management of creative agencies and/or in-house teams.
- You are incredibly organized & able to juggle a variety of initiatives.
- You have exceptional communication & story-telling skills that bring passion, energy & inspiration to the forefront.
- You are culturally-aware & naturally curiousyou know what other brands are doing.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- You love to travel (but that's a given)willing to travel for work
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!