Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is this Role?
The Project Manager position requires a combination of project management & client management skills. This role manages multiple projects & ensures cohesion among project teams; their goal is to successfully deliver projects while building productivity, morale & client satisfaction. The Project Manager partners with GM and/or Client Relationship Lead to strengthen partnerships. The Project Manager collaborates with internal teams, clients & vendors to find solutions to problems/conflicts and. The Project Manager will also lead internal initiatives in addition to working on client-facing projects.
Within your first month:
- Become familiar with Intersections product portfolio & capabilities
- Onboard on to active projects & begin to develop preliminary project documentation
- Gain understanding of Intersections project management & client management style
Within your first three months:
- Drive projects forward by managing decisions & risks & their impacts to scope, budget, & timeline
- Lead cross-functional teams that may include engineering, product management, deployment, & vendors to execute program deliverables
- Execute project management activities & deliverable development across multiple projects including preparation & maintenance of project documents (i.e. project plans, status updates, action item log, meeting agendas, & budget reports)
- Responsible for all phases of project execution & acts as a single point of contact for those projects.
Within your first six months:
- Partner with GM or Account Lead to facilitate project governance with client & senior Intersection leadership
- Develop a deep understanding of Intersection & client-side needs from internal & external stakeholders in order to inform project management processes & communication
- Oversees project work & drives the necessary project control points including critical path management, contractual compliance resource planning, budget, risk mitigation, issue management, planning assumptions, change management, & project dependencies.
- Responsible for assessing the impact of shifting project priorities, strategies, demands & timeline modifications to the project & managing communication of those impacts with relevant stakeholders, including executives, clients, municipalities & vendors.
Within your first nine months:
- Identify, assess, & work with project teams to solve complex business problems with our clients & Intersection GMs
- Work with relevant teams within Intersection to develop staffing needs for projects
- Work with key stakeholders on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach or address complex situations
- Create new & strengthen existing relationships with client partners
Youre great for this role because:
- You have at least 2-4 years of client-facing project management experience
- You have at least 2 years of experience working on mid-sized digital project integrations
- You have at least 2 years of vendor management
- You have strong project management skills & drive multi-workstream projects to successful completion
- You are comfortable with resource & budget modeling
- You have a strong sense of ownership & will solve problems to get things done
- You have an aptitude for diplomacy & strategic communication with stakeholders
- You are able to interface with all levels of internal & client organizations, from the day-to-day team members implementing the work to executive stakeholders
- You are comfortable operating both strategically & tactically in a fast-paced environment.
- You are also comfortable with ambiguity, & able to adjust to an evolving strategy
- You are highly organized & have the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- You are able to communicate at all levels with clarity & precision both written & verbally.
- You are an excellent problem-solver with critical-thinking skills.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse & global audience, we value a diverse workforce & inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, & veteran status.