BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based Short Form Affiliate Video Lead to join our Video team. The project-based Short Form Affiliate Video Lead will lead a small team of Freelance Producers focused on cracking new affiliate video formats, series, & affiliate revenue opportunities for Facebook, Instagram & TikTok. You will have a keen eye for identifying affiliate format/product opportunities. This is a full-time project based position that will begin immediately & go through 12/2020. You will report to The Director of Editorial Video. The budgeted rate is $31/hr.
- Lead & provide daily management of small team of Freelance Producers focused on short-form affiliate content
- Identify opportunities for original affiliate videos
- Provide notes & feedback in a timely manner
- Oversee OR Manage & grow the short form affiliate video process
- Work with Supervising Producer to execute on existing output goals
- Ability to ideate around livestreams & one-off short form videos
- Ability to identify when area of focus isnt working & pivot
- Work with brand leads & leads across content organization to identify affiliate opportunities
- Assist with new projects from variety of teams/brands in the US
- Interest in social platforms & data
- Experience with Instagram (including live & IGTV) Twitter, Facebook & TikTok
- Interest & background working with products & review content
- Baseline knowledgeable about at least one social platform, particularly Facebook
- Must be meticulous, technical, & creative at the same time
- Experience interpreting data & apply insights to increase success in key metrics
- Experienced in a internet video
- Interest in food, DIY, travel, & wellness a plus
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve edited
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.