As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence & expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We've made it our priority to create a top-tier team dedicated to Cybersecurity.
The Cybersecurity Portfolio & Business Management team is seeking an experienced project manager to work within a team dedicated to M&A technology integration. Our team provides overall project portfolio management & business management to our business partners within Cybersecurity.
If you are passionate about project management, enjoy working in a dynamic & leading-edge technology organization & want to be on the forefront of Visa's growth, as a Senior Project Manager, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
- Assemble & lead cross organizational high performance teams, creating a collaborative environment & executing with a sense of urgency
- Drive efficiency by utilizing Visa Project Management Methodology, processes & tools
- Navigate Visa's organizational structure to identify impacts, stakeholders & authorities
- Coordinate with acquired company Security contacts/PM to ensure alignment
- Provide timely & accurate reporting to all stakeholders; hold regular cross organizational management briefings
- Lead boldly & utilize hard & soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
- Proactively identify & mitigate risks & issues
- Proficient with project related financial management, including variance analysis, resource forecast to actuals, capitalized vs. non-capitalized hardware & software management
- Maintain meticulous records of project & program financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail & interpersonal skills required
- Technical knowledge & ability to work closely with a skilled technical/security team
- Expert ability to work independently & manage one's time
- Expert leadership & mentoring skills necessary to provide support & constructive performance feedback
- Expert knowledge of business & management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, & production methods
- 10 years of enterprise-level project management work experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required, or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8+ years Project Management experience required (Waterfall & Agile)
- Expertise in MS Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, & Word).
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to achieve challenging goals through others without direct authority across different functions, geographies & cultures.
- Demonstrated capability to balance a drive for change with sensitivity to the consequences of change. Skilled at fundamentals of successful change management.
- Thrives in dynamic environment. High learning agility & skilled at rapidly applying lessons learned to practice.
- Drives for accountability within self & others
- Time management, self-control, continuous learning, drives for order yet flexible & nimble.
- Versatility of thought & action in unanticipated circumstances using structured tools at incumbent's disposal to respond effectively & resolve unanticipated changes
- Proactive & solution-oriented, solid problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed
- Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task; show initiative & work aggressively to meet deadlines
- Superior written & verbal communication skills, in particular Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Effective leadership qualities; ability to influence effectively without direct management authority; experience managing conflict to achieve goals; transparency with management & stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate protocol, maintains a high level of discretion & confidentiality
- PMP certification
- Significant Cybersecurity Domain knowledge & experience
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.