Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead our Billing team.
You will have broad influence, leadership & impact on shaping the future direction of our billing infrastructure & how we use these algorithms. You will have the opportunity to provide leadership across the organization to help drive initiatives.
The Optimizely Monetization team is responsible for our billing infrastructure. This team prepares us for reaching our aspirations of being an impactful & enduring company that enables the world to turn data into action. Our customers include some of the largest retail, media, & travel companies who send billions of events per day to our system. Our billing systems need to scale, provide accurate usage metrics & provide flexibility for our sales & engineering teams to tailor our services to the needs of our customers. This team drives & implements how we make our revenue in collaboration with the CFO, Finance & Go-To-Market teams. Working with such a diverse set of executives makes this a high impact & high visibility team.
Why is this team important to Optimizely?
- Business Impact: As we continue to add new products, packaging & services, we need to have a flexible billing infrastructure that can easily be customized & can scale. Every dollar that enters Optimizely via our revenue channels, will flow through the infrastructure owned by this team
- High Visibility: This team works with the CFO & his pricing council, COO, Head of Sales, Go to Market team & Customer Success.
- Help shape the Future: This team plays a significant role in making contributions to the future of Optimizely
- Innovation: This team works with the Pricing Innovation team to help come up with models to effectively convey the value of our service to customers
How you will make an impact
- You will build & lead our engineering team & help the members of your team grow both technically & professionally
- Collaborate with the other managers, product partners & our CFO to ensure we are building products that provide a consistent & powerful experience
- Lead, inspire, & influence your team
- Work with the recruiting team to attract & retain high quality & diverse talent
- Establish great rapport with other development teams, Product Managers, Sales & Success to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, & collaboration
- You will have visibility, influence & impact across all of Optimizely's engineering teams & product areas
- You have managed a team of 5+ engineers
- You are able to thrive & lead multiple highly cross functional projects at any time
- You are not afraid to take initiative & help make an impact on the larger organization.
- You have solid organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks & keep projects on schedule
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance & bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks & benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.