Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are a Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is seeking to expand its Capital Markets capabilities with the goal of driving capital efficiency & risk management across Circles products & services. Were looking for a creative, smart, & driven individual to support our Capital Markets initiatives. Candidates should have experience building & deploying financial risk & credit risk management frameworks. The ideal candidate will have strong technical & interpersonal skills combined with the desire to work closely with product & technical leads.
What you'll work on:
- Build models to predict financial & credit exposures for the organization, as well as prepare periodic reports for management summarizing key findings.
- Develop & implement policies & procedures to monitor & manage financial & credit risk for Circles products & services.
- Collect & evaluate the data to prepare models.
- Collect & develop analysis & framework related to regulatory initiatives.
- Innovate ways to identify key risks/concentrations & implement processes to actively monitor these risks.
- Advise management on capital allocation strategies for both fiat & digital corporate assets.
- Assist with analysis of financing options through use of forecasting models & capital consumption analytics. Partner closely with Circles third party partners on optimizing our capital needs & cash cycles.
- Assist with enhancing corporate cash flow forecasting capabilities. Identify business drivers around corporate working capital usage.
- Prepare reports for Senior management & regulatory authorities.
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with teams across Circle to shape decision-making.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor degree in quantitative discipline/economics or closely related field required, Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of: Treasury, Capital Markets & Risk Modeling.
- Knowledge of market activities including investment portfolios, collateral management, liquidity risk & regulatory frameworks for Banks
- Strong understanding of risk, liquidity & financial products.
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners & executives.
- An enthusiastic roll up your sleeves mentality.
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity & thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- The ability to work with & synthesize extremely large data sets.
- An inclination to solve problems systematically via infrastructure & automation.
- A builders mindset with a willingness to question assumptions & conventional wisdom.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience with R, Python, SQL or a willingness to learn is preferred.
- Experience with econometrics modeling is preferred.
- Good understanding of statistics required.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.