Glossier is a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique & engaging online & offline experiences as well as consumer participation to fuel our growth. In order to meet our company goals, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to lead & optimize the accounts payable function. We are searching for an organized & motivated Accounts Payable Manager to provide strong leadership to our Accounts Payable department. The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure that the department operates smoothly, maintains accurate & complete records regarding payments to vendors. To succeed as the Accounts Payable Manager, you should be focused on optimizing department processes & building lasting relationships with others within & outside of the business.This role will report directly to the Principal Accounting Officer.
6 Month Expectations:
- Manage a team of 3 to handle PO & invoice processing across entities.
- Ensures all vendors are created accurately, & all invoices are input timely, coded correctly, approved appropriately & paid timely
- Ensures that exceptions to invoice & payment expectations are handled in a timely manner & the direct bill invoice exceptions are coordinated well;
- Manages disbursement payment process by initiating ACH payments, outgoing wires & processing payment runs according to weekly schedule
- Manages monthly closing of financial records & posting of month end information
- Timely reconciliation, authorization, & payment of company credit card purchases
- Ensures compliance with regulatory & legal guidelines
- Ensure month-end account reconciliations are completed accurately, & timely.
12+ Month Expectations:
- Provides Principal Accounting Officer with weekly recommended disbursement list based on AP Aging, payment due dates, contractual payment terms, & communications with staff & vendors
- Ensures that process documentation is kept current
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements to shorten monthly close
- Continue to improve internal controls
- Prepares & file various compliance requirements including 1099s
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Strong management & communication skills
- Proficient at Excel
- Detail oriented with strong analytical & investigative skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Manage time effectively & adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to recommend & implementation of process improvement
- Collaborative style contributing to good team spirit
- Must be willing to take on additional responsibilities & grow with the team, including payroll
Our Ideal Candidate..
- Is inclusive, curious, devoted to the customer, courageous, & discerning
- Bonus points for experience with NetSuite
- Experience with bill.com & Concur and/or other T&E solutions a plus
- Experience automating processes
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.