About the teams
The Global Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Harrys is a part of Global Finance & is responsible for analyzing, presenting & forecasting the financial & business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions. The team supports the Harrys brand in North America & the UK, our Flamingo brand in the US, & our private label & manufacturing business in Germany.
The Retail Sales organization is a critical function that drives the Harrys brand strategy & growth with our mass market & specialty retail partners. It is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, & omnichannel development.
About the role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical & collaborative person to work with the FP&A team as well as the Director of Sales Strategy & Planning to provide dedicated Finance coverage of our Retail Sales team.
This person will collaborate with our retail sales leads to identify & implement strategies to help drive short & long-term financial performance. This includes supporting the business & financial planning process, pulling together a holistic view of investments across our commercial channels, & identifying & recommending solutions as appropriate. This person will also work closely with our FP&A team within the Finance function to ensure consistency in data collection processes & analytical execution. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure & impact on senior-level decision making. This role will report to the FP&A Manager for functional direction & development, & dotted-line to the Director of Sales Strategy & Planning for business direction.
What you will accomplish:
- Collect & analyze data from our internal business reporting & accounting system (SAP by Design) to provide regular visibility to Retail leads on drivers of retailer-level P&L
- Partner with Retail leads to improve our understanding of the drivers of business performance by customer, including gross revenue, chargebacks, trade spend, margins, & opex (brokers, merchandising / displays, store coverage, etc.)
- Provide support for our Retail leaders to track against key performance goals, including measuring the ROI of all Retail investments
- Support the annual budgeting & quarterly re-forecasting process for the Retail team
- Support the monthly internal financial reporting for the Retail team
- Maintain & quantify risks & opportunities in business performance & conduct scenario & sensitivity analysis
- Improve financial rigor around Retail decision-making, including improved businesses cases for all retail-related investments & new channels/verticals
- Leverage existing organization tools & systems (eg. Adaptive Insights, Looker) to develop & report on metrics in order to identify inefficiencies & improve strategic decision making
- Provide ad hoc financial & business decision support as needed
This should describe you:
- Bachelors degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-4 years of experience in FP&A or a financial analysis role within an operating business; CPG or other consumer-facing vertical is preferred;
- Annual planning & monthly reporting experience is preferred
- Solid understanding of P&L & profitability analysis & strong working knowledge of
financial & managerial accounting
- Experience using SAP by Design or an equivalent ERP system
- Experience using a financial planning system (e.g. Adaptive, Essbase, Anaplan)
- Expert Excel & Powerpoint skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data & presenting conclusions & recommendations to stakeholders
- Great at building trust & gaining support across the organization
- Detail- & process-oriented
- Passionate about consumer businesses & motivated to learn all aspects of a high-growth brand, arent afraid to get into the details
- Able to balance the big picture with the details, & can take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Direct, honest, & supportive in communications & takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability & relevance of your work
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Youll report to FP&A Manager on the Finance team & dotted line into the Director of of Sales Strategy & Planning on the Retail Sales team
- Youll collaborate closely with Retail Sales leads, Planning, Analytics, & Brand teams
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.