Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
Does the idea of being the first to know about breaking news excite you? You are highly motivated & thrive in a fast paced environment. You're passionate about tapping into new markets & stirring up interest with brand new clients. If you're a real-time news junkie, this is the opportunity for you.
You're a dynamic Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will be responsible for identifying & qualifying outbound opportunities across our PR & Communications vertical.
As an SDR, you will be focused on targeting prospects who represent our ideal customer profile, conducting research & setting up qualified meetings for our Account Executives. You are coachable, bring a positive attitude & eager to excel in a sales career.
You're a highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by tactically generating new market interest & exceeding team goals.
- Build, maintain & exceed monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of qualified sales leads around forecast goals & defined objectives
- Strategize with top-producing Account Executives & Sales Managers to improve performance, processes & procedures
- Initiate conversations with potential clients via phone & email outreach
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Leverage CRM (Salesforce.com) to prospect
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required
- 0-2 years experience (prior sales & prospecting experience at a Software/Technology company highly preferred)
- Prospecting experience into Fortune 500 or 1000 companies a plus
- Self-starter who can multitask & adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company & product presentations; written communications such as email & proposals
- Must be able to work autonomously & collaborate in a team environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.