At Stack Overflow, our mission is to serve developers. Whether were helping developers get public answers to their questions, work more efficiently with their team, or find a new job, we build products that make millions of developers lives better every day. Were looking for an HR Business Partner (HRBP) to join our People Team & support the departments within Stack Overflow, including the engineering & product department.
The (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees & management in our Product & Engineering teams. This position reports to the VP of People & serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues & is a cross-functional partner in developing & executing a lifecycle approach to people management focused on onboarding, performance management, retention, talent movement, & leveraging workforce insights & analytics.
What youll do:
- Provide a full range of HR Solutions to multiple teams, including our Engineering & Product teams, serving as an employee champion & change agent
- Communicate needs proactively within our People Team & business management seeking to develop integrated solutions
- Proactively work with department heads & lead discussions around performance management, learning & development, talent management initiatives for business/functional organizations
- Ensure employee relations issues are addressed quickly & appropriately
- Partner across all the functional areas to bring HR solutions to business clients, implement
- HR programs & processes
- Develop, train & present on HR programs & initiatives
What youll need to have:
- Initiative, drive, & ability to champion ideas with strong influencing skills to successfully & independently implement people programs & strategies
- Experience conceptualizing & implementing value add programs to the business (i.e. change management, career pathing)
- 10 years of HR experience with a minimum of 2 years as an HRBP for technical teams (namely Engineering & Product)
- A strong understanding & experience working with multiple human resource disciplines, such as organizational development, employee relations, performance management, & local employment law
- Experience working with a dispersed & or remote workforce
- Strong business acumen & broad HR experience which includes: Employee Relations, Leadership Development, Organizational Development & Design, & Compensation Planning
- Proven successful ability to build, lead, & integrate effective & lasting people management programs within a business
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
What youll getin return:
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunchesprepared by our in-house chefs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflowis the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. Were committed to policies & benefits that support people, & leaders who foster an open & inclusive culture.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriatelegal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.