Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, & Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is looking for a forward-thinking Talent Management Specialist to build a business ecosystem for employees to increase their value proposition & enable personal innovation & growth.
You will have a strong foundation in designing, developing & implementing practical, integrated talent management/development solutions. This includes expertise in talent identification & planning approaches (e.g., formal assessments, talent reviews, succession), experiential/on-the-job development solutions (e.g., stretch assignments, rotations) & design of competency models, program design & management. Over time you will lead a team so a genuine desire to grow other humans is important. You will get to cultivate relationships with Senior leaders & an awesome globally distributed HR team to lead exponential growth for Andela & its humans.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Implement & manage the annual talent identification process. Including talent Calibration, succession planning, identification of high-potential employees, assessment of flight risks & the completion of employee Talent Profiles to drive improved insight into the capability of our workforce
- Strengthening & diversifying talent pipelines to business critical & leadership roles. Think: implementation of high potential programmes, coaching, 360 feedback, scoping & delivery of Emerging Talent requirements & partnering with internal Diversity & Inclusion lead to align & embed org-wide D&I initiatives to talent management practices.
- Advising on how to maximise talent & capability growth opportunities as well as to manage potential risk
- Designing, building, testing & implementing leader pipeline identification & development solutions
- Partner with key stakeholders to design & implement organizational competency models to drive transparency & objectivity in decision making around people & advancement
- Measure, measure, measure
- Collaborating with senior leaders & HR stakeholders to ensure solutions are meeting business needs
- Facilitate the Organization in transitioning from Talent Retention to Talent Management, fostering programs that increase employee engagement, retention & productivity while sustaining our culture & core values
A bit about you...
- Meaningful experience & passion in Talent Management via an HRBP role or related experience
- Experience in the practical application of talent initiatives to drive business outcomes & impact humans
- Demonstrated ability to manage global, scaled projects or programs- work prioritisation, planning, & coordination across teams & workstreams
- Strong analytical skills, & the ability to identify implications/trends in data as an input to program design
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior stakeholders
- Organisational behaviours/psychology; human capital analytics and/or business partnering/consulting are of interest
- Comfortable working in a globally distributed environment & delivery of high impact virtual solutions
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Insurance coverage
- Equity package
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.