Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a key leader in the global Admissions organization, the Call Center Manager role is critical to General Assemblys ongoing success & growth, as well as the success & growth of our students. The Call Center Manager will set the department vision & goals that support our business priorities & performance KPIs, as well as lead & manage the day-to-day operations of the call center, including inbound lead qualification, customer service, & Admissions support across platforms call, chat, & email. This individual will provide direction, effective communication, make needed decisions, ensure alignment, & form collaborative partnerships with BI (analysis, forecasting), FP&A (budgeting), CRM (call monitoring, calibration) & the Admissions Senior Leadership Team.
Day-to-day Call Center Operations
- Manage call center staff including hourly part-time employees, hourly full-time employees, team leads & Quality & Training leads.
- Ensure employee schedules are published in a timely manner for staff & internal stakeholder visibility.
- Approve all hourly employee clock-in/clock-out hours, ensuring accuracy.
- Coach & provide feedback to each call center representative on a daily/weekly basis.
- Periodically review outbound call & SMS strategy.
- Manage all call center A/B testing initiatives for email, SMS, & call strategy content.
- Ensure team leads are managing scheduled student outreach.
Admissions Senior Leadership Team Reinforcement
- Work with Admissions Senior Leadership Team, Call Center team leads, & Quality & Training leads to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained
- Partner with the Admissions Senior Leadership Team, Engineering, Consumer Product, & BI teams to create reporting structure & system design for effective daily/weekly strategy.
- Support Admissions Senior Leadership Team in recruitment & hiring of new call center staff.
- Manage onboarding & training for all new call center staff.
- Lead continuous training workshops to coach & develop call center staff to better serve prospective students.
- Represent the call center on analytics & CRM task forces, helping to redesign internal systems & business processes to optimize call center efficacy.
- Report on key sales funnel metrics to the Admissions Senior Leadership Team on a consistent cadence.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing teams on A/B outreach testing & customer service initiatives.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a diverse Call Center or Customer Service team, or equivalent practical experience.
- Team-player who can build positive working relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM, telephony, & various SMS technologies.
- Experience coaching & developing diverse teams.
- Experience designing & facilitating training programs.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms) & Microsoft Excel.
- Must be based in the greater Phoenix area.
- Experience with Vonage (formerly NewVoiceMedia) telephony system.
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Technical/Functional Skills
- Motivating Others
- Developing Others