Away is seeking a Senior Associate of Transportation Operations to oversee day-to-day processes tracking & managing Aways inventory throughout our distribution network. This person will work closely with key partners including freight forwarders, customs brokers, freight brokers, & warehouses to ensure that Away always has the right inventory at the right place at the right time for our customers. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, analytical, & eager to iterate on & implement new processes.
This position will report to the Head of Transportation Operations based out of our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What you'll do:
- Work with freight provider to book & track inbound inventory to all domestic & international warehouse locations, balancing optimized shipment efficiencies with arrival timeline considerations.
- Execute intra-warehouse freight transfers to ensure that our retail stores are always in stock.
- Manage stock at the SKU level for all warehouse locations, working with cross-functional partners to avoid stock-outs/overselling & drive up-to-date availability messaging on Aways website.
- Oversee receiving & inventory-related activities at warehouses, ensuring accurate tracking & accounting of inventory, while conceptualizing & implementing improved processes along the way.
- Communicate arrival timing of new or returning products consistently & clearly with cross-functional partners in Merchandising, Production, Brand Marketing, Creative, & others across the company.
Who you are:
- 2-4 years professional experience, ideally in an operations or analytical/ process-driven role
- Strong proficiency with Excel including data manipulation/organization
- A strong written/oral communicator
- Thrives in a very fast-paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking & prioritization
- Experience with an ERP tool like Netsuite a plus, but not required
- A detail-oriented & proactive problem-solver
- Love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!