PMKBNC New York is seeking a dynamic Director for a top consumer client in the sports, entertainment & lifestyle field.This individual must be extremely detail-oriented, understand the nuances of what makes a great story & have experience managing multiple client work streams in a fast-paced environment.
This individual will bring a verifiable track record of developing & implementing successful, integrated PR strategies with a strong understanding of the media landscape & stellar media contacts.
This person has excellent people-management skills & has mastered the client/agency process. She/he will bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the account & inspirational style to managing the team.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in the successfully leveraging sports & entertainment partnerships/sponsorships, brand initiatives & cultural heat moments to deliver comprehensive earned PR & social media campaigns that deliver meaningful results against client goals.
Viable candidates can point to specific experience successfully leading their teams in the planning, development & execution of best-in-class, multi-channel PR programs including media relations, social media outreach, brand positioning, content development, talent engagement, budget management & client/account management. An understanding of brand partnerships/sponsorships, especially in the sports & entertainment space, is important for this role.
Who We Are:
PMKBNC is a strategic marketing & communications firm that specializes in Entertainment & popular culture. PMKBNC represents leading consumer brands as well as many of the worlds most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors & content creators. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York & London. PMKBNC thrives on being ahead of the curve & works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences & connect with consumers through popular culture. PMKBNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide & McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
We are pioneers in the strategic development & use of nontraditional marketing solutions grounded in classic Public Relations. PMKBNC executes brand-based strategic programs that integrate such core competencies as public relations, event marketing, digital & social media, celebrity/influencer marketing & outreach, product integration, sponsorships, promotion & total project management.
- Develop & lead reputation-building consumer earned media strategies & execute with little guidance
- Use creativity to help develop results-driven marketing & public relations programs that fit into the clients overall objectives
- Identify, develop & pitch stories that drive coverage & map to business goals
- Identify, build & grow relationships with media/influencers
- Drive strategic recommendations for ongoing outreach & relationship development
- Create & deliver client presentations & plans
- Research, understand, & experiment with new & alternative ways to leverage social media to achieve overall marketing objectives & goals
- Serve as client contact; proactively engage on issues
- Guide & train junior level staff
- Supervise writing & editing of media materials & provide direction to ensure quality control
- Educate senior staff on day-to-day business & account health
- Identify & create relationships that are mutually beneficial for the agency & clients
- Work with peers to further the mission, goals & culture of the agency
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations or Marketing preferred
- 8+ years of media relations experience; large agency/client experience is a plus
- Track record of successfully developing media strategies, identifying story angles, developing press materials & securing top tier coverage for clients
- Strong media relations skills with track record of earned placements
- Experience & interest working in sports & entertainment fields, with partnerships/sponsorships communications experience being a bonus
- Exceptional judgment when working with media, team members, client contacts & vendors
- Successful in managing multiple short- & long-term plans simultaneously
- Experience engaging mid- to senior-level clients
- Strong leadership & team management skills
PMKBNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D