Were Away. We make thoughtful objects for modern travel. For us, getting Away means getting more out of every trip to come. Thats the idea, & the mission, behind everything we do.
We're looking for an Assistant Designer, Luggage, to collaborate on & support our quickly expanding range of luggage & interior accessories. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to have a pivotal role in translating our brand vision into beautiful & thoughtful products. You will report to our Design Director, Luggage & Lifestyle Accessories & work from our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
What youll do:
- Assist in the design of our growing line of luggage & interior accessories
- Provide support in sketching & updating tech packs in Illustrator
- Review samples & organize components, to ensure all parts are accounted for at various stages in the design process
- Maintain knowledge of current trends & relevant products on the market, as well as user-centered methodologies
- Daily communication with the Product Development team on timelines & updates
- Continual refinement of our product offering, while ensuring brand integrity is maintained
You should have:
- At least 1-2 years of relevant design work experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, & 3D modeling software required
- Basic understanding of product construction, & textiles
- Flexibility & time management, ability to prioritize multiple projects, & take responsibility for deadlines
- An understanding of minimal design, a solid understanding of color, & enthusiasm to problem solve
- A portfolio, but more importantly, the ability to talk us through your designs
Who you are:
- An excellent communicator
- Detail-oriented & organized
- Always willing to roll your sleeves up to get the job done
- Proactive to work across multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Be prepared to take on new & varied responsibilities at a rapidly growing consumer brand
- Passionate about travel & travel products
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. As a global company, our benefits & perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees wellbeing both inside & outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to
- do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs & grow your career along the way.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, & events, were building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent & impact our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work & we also organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.