At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Field Marketing & Events builds awareness & influences revenue by partnering with sales teams to provide a channel that delivers face-to-face interactions with prospects & customers that drive sales conversions. Our objective is to be a strategic partner to help sales define the types of events to target, along with the right verticals & personas. We take that insight & build out an event strategy, set goals, & handle all of the execution & follow up reporting to drive the highest ROI in influencing pipeline.
About the Role:
The Field Marketing & Events Manager will play a key role in partnering with the sales teams across the entire APAC region. The right candidate will have the ability to work cross-functionally with all teams in-region & in headquarters in San Francisco, with the goal of localizing & amplifying the global campaigns & events to drive demand & leads in Asia Pacific.
- Work in cross-functional teams & collaborate closely with global demand generation, product marketing, sales, marketing operations, sales ops & many others in the development, execution & measurement of field events.
- Align the regional marketing activities to support the sales goals for leads & opportunities
- Measure campaign impact through SFDC reporting, evaluate event/campaign ROI, & present on recommendations for improvement
- Ensure feedback from sales leadership is delivered back to headquarters to drive alignment of regional marketing investment to sales requirements
- Plan, promote, & host field marketing events (tradeshows, conferences, executive dinners, & workshops) across the region that capture prospects & help move them into customers.
- Traveling to events is priority & determining which events to not attend are determined in partnership with manager & sales teams
- Understanding of the APAC regions, cultures & industries that offer ability to select events & how to activate effectively for strongest lead capture
- Reporting into the Head of Marketing, APAC based in Singapore
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 5-7 years proven experience in B2B marketing (enterprise software, SaaS, regional marketing and/or info security experience a plus)
- Must have experience creating strategy, planning, budgeting & managing trade shows & conferences from start to finish
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously & communicate with remote management for extended periods of time
- Strong project management/organizational skills & the ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives at once
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to coordinate across multiple departments
- Results oriented with experience using qualitative & quantitative metrics with a focus on revenue, conversion, sales & other marketing goals
- Bilingual candidates preferred (at least one of the following: Korean, Japanese, Chinese dialects: Cantonese, Mandarin)
- Ability to travel to events. Expectation is 50%-60% travel within the APAC region
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities & effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.