As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Technology Planning & Program Management (PPM) team in the Operations & Infrastructure group is looking for an experienced Sr. Technical Project Manager to lead & direct large complex end-to-end technology initiatives supporting the Product Reliability Engineering function within Operations & Infrastructure.
In this role, you'll lead initiatives at the heart of Visa's growth strategy working closely with teams across business & technology to solve some of the most challenging growth, scale & resiliency problems, all while delivering new features, products & services to customers across the global payments & financial services marketplace.
You'll work across the solution stack & technology domains (compute, storage, database, network, middleware, etc.) interacting with some of the best & brightest engineers, architects, & product leads pushing the boundaries of what's achievable in delivering new & innovative payment solutions to the masses.
You'll need a solid technical foundation of both depth & breadth to guide teams in planning, designing & delivering large-scale highly resilient platforms & services to our customers. Your passion for excellence coupled with uncompromising standards & a positive principle-centered approach to leadership will help lift the programs you lead to new levels of performance.
- End-to-end Program Management of multiple initiatives across Visa's Technology & Product groups
- Work closely with cross-functional groups including internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Engineers, Architects, etc.), & external customers & vendors to plan, design, develop & deliver hardware & software systems, platforms & solutions
- Bring a customer focused mindset with the ability to multi-task & manage conflicting priorities
- Partnering with Business & IT Development, manage cross-divisional projects, in remote locations, including: Working with business & technology subject matter experts to define scope, create accurate & inclusive estimates, develop budgets & project plans, & produce high quality project charters & other planning documentation needed for funding approvals.
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation, issues, change control processes, & communicate status to senior executives within the development & business partner organizations.
- Manage & track project budgets, forecasts & schedule to achieve target scope, schedule & cost.
- Comfortable leading discussions & communicating regularly with senior leadership on program status & escalations
- Develop delivery roadmaps that align strategic business objectives with technology delivery plans
- Provide leadership & oversight of program performance & ensure compliance with management & information security policies
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones & with differing cultures
- Use abilities to positively influence customers & stakeholders, & properly manage divergent expectations
- Improve team processes that accelerate innovation, reduce costs, and/or improve quality
- 12 years of work experience in Technical Program Management with large complex, enterprise IT systems hardware and/or software design, development, deployment & support initiatives operating in high availability computing environments with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or MIS with an Advanced Technical Degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD/MD), at least 6 years of said work experience with a PhD
- Experienced leading enterprise Application Development & Product Reliability Engineering programs utilizing software development lifecycle framework from requirements gathering to post-implementation product support, including quality assurance & system integration.
- Experience leading projects in three or more of the following areas:
- Deployments of SOE Linux/Unix and/or Windows technologies
- Deployments of VM Ware or other virtual computing technologies
- Delivering large capacity planning & tech refresh initiatives including software (OS, DB, etc.) & hardware platform upgrades across multiple environments, networks & data centers
- Deployments leveraging Hybrid and/or Private Cloud
- PMP or similar Program or Project Management Certification
- Experience with Waterfall & Agile (SCRUM, XP, Lean & Kanban, etc.) methodologies
- Experience with MS Project, Clarity, Rally, Jira tools
- ITIL v3 Certification
- Experience mentoring more junior team members
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Requires availability to meet with teams in the Asia Pacific & Europe time zones on a regular basis
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.