Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Regulatory Associate to join our Regulatory Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
As a Regulatory Associate, you will be an important member of the Regulatory Operations team responsible for project managing & supporting discrete tasks to ensure Oscar is compliant with federal & state health plan & provider data requirements. You will work with internal Oscar teams & communicates with our external regulators.
Oscar is an exciting & fast paced environment. You are comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
You will report to the Director, Regulatory Operations. This is a hybrid role, & you will work part of the time in the Los Angeles, CA office & part of the time working remotely.
- Run the project management of provider data & annual QHP filings (form, binder, rate, network) with state regulators, state exchanges, & CMS, developing action plans that ensure regulatory approval
- Work on multiple, simultaneous & diverse assignments while following deadlines
- Develop successful relationships with regulatory bodies, including state insurance regulators (e.g., DMHC in California, Arizona Department of Insurance, Texas Department of Insurance), & state-based exchanges (e.g., Covered California)
- Partner with business owners to translate & operationalize data & regulatory filing requirements
- Develop sustainable processes which simplify our growing team's outputs while ensuring high quality deliverables
- Maintain a repository of legal guidance & resources
- You have a Bachelor's degree & at least 4+ years of SERFF, HIOS, and/or network data analysis experience
- You can use tools to answer questions (e.g. Excel/SQL)
- You have project management skills.
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.