As Pursuits Office Manager, you will play a critical role in creating & managing an environment that is safe, inviting, & conducive to fun & productivity. We are searching for an experienced guru in office management, ensuring high levels of organization, effectiveness, communication, & safety within the office & Pursuit space. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter who loves creating a thriving culture & safe physical space while also possessing strong administrative, operational, & management capabilities. Our ideal candidate will also thrive in engaging with the Fellows we serve to help drive an amazing programmatic experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned office manager who is looking to own & drive the office experience & make a clear impact on peoples lives.
- You are excited about working with people at all levels of Pursuit every day
- You have a keen eye for the details that make a space functional & beautiful
- You rally the people around you to take pride in their space & their team
- You enjoy being the first person to welcome guests & members of the Pursuit community
- You are a relentless organizer; you find satisfaction in a well-managed checklist
- You have an uncanny ability to learn everyones pets names & favorite ice cream flavors
- You have 7+ years of office or facilities management experience & know firsthand what it takes to keep an office humming smoothly
- You want to have a big impact on Pursuits fellows, mission, & growth
- Maintain a clean, safe, & operational office environment that is in line with Pursuit values
- Manage office & facilities- related projects & vendors, including relationships, contract negotiations, etc.
- Organize & manage team-building events, weekly staff lunches, off-sites, & other celebrations
- Manage budget for office management-related expenses
- Provide support & hospitality to visitors & guests
Location: Long Island City, NY
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision & retirement benefits, as well as catered weekly staff lunches & free, delicious snacks.
Time Commitment: Full-time, with some necessary nights & weekend commitments
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech. Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000.
In addition to providing training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers and social impact investments to scale our services to more people & places of need. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant, hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our national expansion.
Creating the Foundations for National Impact
Pursuit is a rapidly growing organization thats scaling to make a national impact. Founded in 2011, we have doubled in budget & staff each year over the past several years. We are currently a team of 35 & anticipate expanding our team to 60+ this year. We are creating a non-traditional financing model that leverages social impact/program-related investments & earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results. We plan to rapidly scale our operations, personnel, & funding to create the foundations for national expansion & more broadly serve communities & cities across America.