Healthcare is complicated. But it doesn't have to be. Alto's mission is to fulfill medicine's true purposeto improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We are a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage & fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, we offer cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies.
Getting medicine to everyone who needs it involves a dizzying number of moving parts. We aim to make every aspect of that experience as safe, seamless, & delightful as humanly possible. That's why we're committed to fixing a broken pharmacy industry & enhancing the quality of life for others.
In 2019 we raised our Series C, surpassed 400 employees across four locations, & achieved $200M ARR. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next Unicorns. Our journey is just beginning, & we welcome you to join us in building a better pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere. We are looking to scaling Alto from three markets today to over 50 markets in 36 months.
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, & we are seeking a Senior Manager, Revenue to be a key member of our quickly growing Accounting team. You will lead the revenue team & play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of Altos financial information. In this role you will be the go-to person for revenue in the company. As a result, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision making & develop lasting relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate needs to be a dynamic self-starter with a passion for continuous process improvement in a fast paced, high growth environment, & the ability to clearly communicate deliverables & recommendations.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Manager, Revenue will:
- Manage monthly close activities including accounting for all related revenue transactions, financial statement analysis, reconciliation review, billings & collections, reserve for doubtful accounts, bad debts & customer rebates & refunds
- Review & interpret policies, reporting requirements, rules & regulations, providing guidance to direct reports on complex accounting / disclosure issues, & ensuring timely communication of issues to relevant stakeholders
- Work cross functionally to evaluate new strategic partnership contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment under ASC 606 & implement new processes & systems to operationalize & ensure compliance (including maintenance of Altos revenue recognition policy)
- Work with internal finance, engineering, expansion, operations & billing teams to strengthen the order to cash process, identify & implement automation efforts, & document controls
- Drive continuous action with internal team members to obtain timely payment on failed transactions & resolve undistributed cash
- Manage multiple systems to ensure timely & accurate accounts receivable aged reporting & ensure tight processes around the identification of outstanding aging balances to be written-off as uncollectible
- Develop & mobilize the setup of processes, procedures & other improvement efficiencies, managing & contributing to the department & company initiatives to improve processes & understand / translate financial impacts.
- Ensures IT systems effectively support accounting transactions & that appropriate team members are trained on systems. Manages system issues with IT & suggests improvements where appropriate.
- Lead & manage a team of direct reports, driving performance by setting goals & development plans & fostering an environment to achieve those goals, through ongoing feedback & conducting performance reviews
- Act as point revenue liaison for external auditors for year-end audits
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of increasing responsibility within accounting roles. Must have experience managing high volumes of revenue & receivables with multiple revenue streams.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable order to cash processes, US GAAP (including ASC 606), systems, internal controls, & corporate procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail & effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong people management experience, high EQ, & proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, & meticulous attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & other office software application
- Passionate about building a young company & comfortable working in a fast-past changing environment
- Proven ability to thrive working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong ability to self-reflect, learn, & be honest about development areas
- Experience with system implementation a strong plus
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- A passion for Altos mission & values!
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
Youll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced & ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level & want to be part of Altos success.
- Want a passionate, humble, & exciting culture
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.