As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The global network & security engineering group is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, & reliability of Visa's commercial networks. Network Engineering also shares responsibility with information security for network access & security compliance of all networks. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, & support of IP networks for Visa's global commercial network infrastructure-your role in particular will be to do just this for our commercial customers. Our problems are complex, & you will be working to solve them & implement creative solutions. You're an experienced professional & we'll assume you will reach out if you need additional guidance, but otherwise, be pretty well self-managed. We are collaborative & communicate openly by nature so opportunities for mentorship are plentiful on this team
- Plan, design implement, & support network systems of moderate complexity in the commercial network environment.
- Support WAN connections & figure out circuit capacity requirements for the Visa Global Commercial client networks
- Provide client capacity planning support consisting of data analysis, requirements verification, & providing client recommendations
- Work closely with project & account managers to support all client network requirements
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers, & network support organizations
- Provision new client institutions by completing the necessary network updates & providing technical assistance to the membership in support of network changes
- Perform third-level support within Visa to resolve network issues & support the implementation of new network solution
- Provide engineering recommendations to Visa regional & product representatives as requested.
- Conduct product evaluation & testing, & support application development teams.
- Support change management processes for the commercial networks environment
- Support maintenance window activities on the commercial networks when required.
- Build & sustain relationships with global teams & third parties to address network development & support issues
- Participate in the development, testing & QA functions to ensure project delivery
- Provide technical support to ensure timely problem resolution
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure Visa security requirements are met, & provide technical assistance for investigation & analysis of security alerts
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization & technology solutions
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- IP networking understanding & knowledge of technologies such as MPLS, VPN, ATM, & Frame Relay are necessary
- Deep understanding of network hardware including validated experience with Cisco networking devices (A Cisco certification is preferred)
- Experience & expertise with IP routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF & BGP plus knowledge of Cisco encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL), standby protocols HSRP & VRRP, & network address translation (NAT) experience
- Experience administering enterprise IP networks in critical 24x7 production environments
- 3 years related experience in infrastructure/network environments & crafting, planning, documenting & implementing LANs & WANs using the latest technology
- Strong planning, organizational, & analytical skills
- Good interpersonal & leadership skills including effective written & verbal communication skills
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Experience leading moderately complex cross regional projects, including planning, documentation, & implementation
- Solid grasp of network & system security principles & techniques
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines & commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interrupts
- Experience in the financial and/or e-commerce business desired
- ITIL certification preferred
Solid grasp of network & system security principles & techniques
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines & commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interrupts
Experience in the financial and/or e-commerce business desired
ITIL certification preferred
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.