With our games played in 90+ countries & heavily data driven, the Dots cloud infrastructure tripled over the last 2 years. We are now expanding our DevOps team to match the studios ambitions. We are looking for a power DevOps engineer with a gamers heart passionate about solving challenging problems, running world-class DevOps & applying cutting edge tools, technology & best practices.
Help Dots define, design & implement best in class CI/CD tools & processes, enabling highly automated & efficient management of the Dots cloud gaming systems & services.
Join us if you...
Like challenges & working on fun high pace projects! Have a mix of strong technical expertise, engineering best practices, business communication, hands-on architecture, projects delivery, & cross-team collaboration. You enjoy mentoring juniors engineers with varying levels of experience. You should be a true practitioner of the modern DevOps & SRE philosophy, methodologies, tools & operational processes.
Successful candidates will be passionate about their own ideas & vision, but equally passionate & genuinely curious about alternative points of view & committed to finding the best solution, regardless of where it comes from. In addition, you should be motivated by the overall teams success, setting high standards & continuously improving tools & processes.
Our Roadmap You Will Be Working On....
Below are some of the items on our current roadmap. As the key technical contributor on the backend engineering team, you will be an active driving force behind the roadmap vision - helping the team to continuously reinvent & take these to the next level! If this sounds interesting to you, wed love to have a chat.
- Doubling our Cloud footprint in the next 18 months
- Dynamically scalable self-adjusting Kubernetes based infrastructure for our Game microservices & data stores
- Github Actions based automated CI/CD pipelines for creation & management of dynamic Dev, QA, Performance & PROD environments.
- Github Actions build pipelines for Unity Game clients & Game microservices
- Automation & simplification of configuration management for Game microservices.
- Integration with best in class AMP platforms & proactive, data-driven, AI assisted systems monitoring & run time management.
- Migrating the remaining Dots legacy AWS Beanstalk based infrastructure to Kubernetes
- Be a leader & a team player
- Self-starter looking for the next big learning opportunity & challenge
- Compassionate team player & practical innovator with strong culture of giving & receiving constructive feedback & going above & beyond for the team
- Dedication to setting highest standards & nurturing great people
- Strong attention to details & sense of ownership
- Passion for building great systems & ambition to do it on global scale
- Lifetime dedication to quality, finding the best ideas & building unbreakable systems
- Be an engineer
- Solid computer science fundamentals & a great engineering intuition
- Long history (6+ years) with Linux, UNIX, CoreOS, etc.
- 4+ years experience designing & building modern CI/CD pipelines for Cloud based high performance mission critical systems
- Strong experience with Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef
- Strong understanding of & experience with containers (Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Strong understanding of & hands on experience networking, cloud storage, cloud db management
- Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault is a plus
- Track record of modernizing & improving CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with hosted Apple provider such as MacStadium is a strong plus
- Understanding of modern CI/CD pipelines for databases is a strong plus
- Experience operating Cloud infrastructure for direct-to-consumer global e-commerce web portals or mobile apps
- Very comfortable with one or more cloud provider (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Hands-on experience managing Live deployments for always-on systems & services
- Hands-on experience setting up effective systems telemetry & monitoring. Experience with AMP platforms, such as New Relic or DataDog is a strong plus.
- Expertise in AWS lambda & kinesis tools is a plus
- Understanding of & experience managing CDN platforms (Akamai, CloudFront)
- 2+ years of experience as a hands on software engineer with focus on backend services & systems
- Experience building backend services with Python is a strong plus
- Experience with SQL & No-SQL databases is a strong plus
- Strong command of Backend services performance optimization, high availability deployment & operations
- Experience supporting highly instrumented analytics-driven products
- A passion & knowledge for games is a big plus
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis & be in the NY Metropolitan area or willing to relocate
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hitsDots , Two Dots, & Dots & Coand over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, & collaborative work environment & believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of ones race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, & religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity weve fostered & are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
What We Offer You: