ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Sales & Partnerships team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, & scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether thats working with agencies & clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth & efficiency of our pre & post-sales operations.
As we grow, we're seeking an enthusiastic team player to support our Sales team as we scale our monetization & ad sales efforts. The sales reporting analyst owns the management, understanding & analyzing performance for all sponsored campaigns across theSkimms product suite. The role must work cross-functionally to ensure data for all clients is being captured, performance is clearly summarized for both internal & external parties & there is timely completion of all deliverables to the client services team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Act a central source & owner of analytics & data measurement for all sponsored media at theSkimm
- Partner with Sales, Client Services, Finance & Executive teams to measure & analyze the effectiveness of native advertising campaigns to develop insights & make recommendations
- Intake, analyze & respond to data requests related to theSkimms native advertising campaigns, working primarily in Excel & third party data tools
- Perform ad-hoc performance analysis as needed
- Develop a strong understanding of theSkimms value to brands in order to convey that value to existing & prospective clients, serving as a brand steward to all clients & outside contacts
- Identify, collect, & transform data from disparate sources using SQL, Excel & BI Tools
- Build & maintain both internal & client-specific reporting templates based on media plans, & meet weekly client-dictated reporting deadlines
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of sales analytics or content reporting & analysis experience in a social & digital media landscape
- Expert in Excel & fluency with Powerpoint/Keynote
- Highly analytical self starter with the ability to handle stressful situations & think creatively
- Strong attention to detail while still working under tight deadlines on a fast paced team
- Comfortable working with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including executives & leadership teams
- Strong organization & time management abilities. Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience with SQL, proficiency with business intelligence tools (e.g, Looker, Tableau)
- Strong communication skills
- High EQ
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.