Birchbox is looking for a hardworking & motivated self-starter to help ensure that all subscribers receive a personalized, on-time, monthly delivery. The ideal candidate is able to multitask & prioritize, but also lives for the details, & is an excellent all-around team player & communicator. As the Subscription Operations Associate, you will facilitate day-to-day operations, leveraging a variety of technical tools & warehouse systems to build monthly box assortments, perform regular allocation drops, & troubleshoot order fulfillment issues. In this highly collaborative role, you will work closely with teams across the organization to champion & support existing & new subscription initiatives, ensuring that our customer experience is forever useful & always delightful.
This role will report to the Manager, Subscription Operations & play an integral role on a lean, fast-moving & innovative team that is at the heart of the subscription.
What you will do:
- Support monthly box assortment & allocation for all of our subscribers, ensuring they receive a personalized, on time box, utilizing our proprietary tools & technology
- Own processing of reships, & work with tech to automate the reship process
- Work with the customer operations team to identify, analyze, determine the cause of, fix, & reduce operational exceptions
- Assist with the compilation of dashboards & track KPIs
- Be responsible for the reallocation of boxes & other subscription related shipments
- Partner with cross teams to ensure that we are delivering a great experience to our customers
- Assist with subscription related tech projects
- QA monthly assortment & rules
- Work with the warehouse to ensure boxes are kitted accurately
- Create Bills of Materials (BOMs) & product cards for monthly assortment
- Ensure data integrity across our systems
- Coordinate the set-up of monthly box pages & customization choices on site including asset creation, image & copy uploads, QA & launch.
- 0-2 years of experience in business operations, project management, and/or strategy consulting
- Working knowledge of SQL & basic UNIX command line skills (assessment)
- Expertise in Excel
- Bachelors degree
- ...are excited to ensure that each of our subscribers receives a personalized delivery every month, on time
- ...are obsessed with the details, but can effectively communicate high-level summaries
- ...are a pro at juggling multiple priorities & know how to manage tasks, people & processes at the same time.
- ...are a strategic problem solver - the person your friends ask to help with everything, because you can always figure out a solution
- ...are confident thinking on your feet, making deliberate but timely decisions when complications arise
- ...are effective at getting things done while collaborating across diverse teams
- ...are comfortable with deeply technical tools, & want to expand your technical skill set - we use a lot of SQL, Python & R
- ..."Google it" when you don't know
We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: weve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isnt the simple concept of delivering a box of samples its understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in four countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US.