At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
As a Product Manager at Cloudflare, you are responsible for building products that improve the way that the Internet works. Product Managers at Cloudflare sit at the intersection of software development, design, & business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, work with designers to conduct user research, prototype a new feature, iterate on a spec, analyze usage data, & pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, & working with engineering to develop our software.
As a member of the growing team of product managers your responsibilities include:
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product & company vision.
- Be an expert on the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context & understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion & voice of customers. Build intimate, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Author use cases & prioritize requirements. Translate market observations & customer feedback into a prioritized product backlog. Author use cases based on specific real-world product applications & extrapolate detailed product requirements for the scenarios.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams & stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product & tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders & interpret them into actionable conclusions & new hypotheses.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers & the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover & develop new opportunities.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded & thrives in a fast-paced & goal-driven environment. You have outstanding communication & collaboration skills & are able to work with a diverse group, get consensus, & drive the product forward. You are execution focused & emphasize getting things done while paying attention to important details. You have several years of experience working with enterprise, SaaS, or security technologies. You have a passion for building SaaS products & want to solve the problems of performance, security, & reliability of the Internet.
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, & then define & deliver products
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organizational & analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, drive consensus & deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Must be able to define & manage complex process and/or product issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- Experience balancing execution, agility, & culture at a fast growing business.
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern software development practices used to build & deploy applications. You've preferably been working full time on a software delivery team.
- Strong customer & stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support & ops. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Working knowledge of how the internet works at layers 3 through 7.
- BS/MS in a technology- or business-related field
- Experience in building, configuring or using cloud based networking products.
- Experience in cryptography & related technologies.
- A solid understanding of RESTful API design & documentation.
- Ability to validate early ideas through quantitative & qualitative methods (A/B & multivariate testing, user testing, etc). Experience in user experience (UX) design a plus.
- Hands-on experience with command-line tools used for interacting with APIs, debugging & testing (e.g. curl, dig, etc.)
- Scripting/programming experience (Python, Go, etc.) and/or experience with web frameworks
- Domain expertise (e.g. as a practitioner or technology provider) in several of: HTTP content delivery, network performance, browser technologies & Internet security.
- Pricing strategy & revenue forecasting experience.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.