ABOUT OPEN ROAD INTEGRATED MEDIA
Open Road Integrated Media is the countrys leading digital destination for book lovers. The platform creates a rich experience for discovering new reads & connecting with a larger community.
The companys portfolio of digital content brands is laser-focused on expanding its reach & cultivating a strong sense of loyalty with consumers across devices, content verticals & around the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Were looking for an ambitious social media intern to drive & execute a robust growth strategy on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram in collaboration with our content team. The successful candidate is obsessed with social media & how content is consumed on emerging platforms. Creativity, analytical thinking & an entrepreneurial spirit are key to succeeding in this role.
The social media intern will work with the lead editors of Open Roads content brands: The Portalist, The Lineup, A Love So True, The Archive, Murder & Mayhem & Early Bird Books.
This position is unpaid & for-credit only! You must be eligible to receive academic credit.
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & emerging platforms
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Compelling, conversational voice that facilitates audience engagement & growth
- Understanding of virality & ability to generate story ideas with strong social potential
- Proficient with basic photo editing technology
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both autonomously & collaboratively
- Experience in publishing and/or digital media preferred