We are looking for a seasoned marketer, who has a passion for systematically building great brands. This role will contribute to visioning the future of the Harrys brand through identifying sources of growth to build a stronger emotional connection with consumers, & shepherding the accompanying projects to meet those plans. Were looking for someone who thrives when thinking about brands, strategy, storytelling, real peopleand how to tap into these levers to create a successful business. In this role, you will be setting the vision for our product categories, conceiving of new ideas to drive our brand forward, & bringing those ideas to life as part of a collaborative cross-functional team of marketers, designers, & scientists. You will live & breathe our brand, & help translate it so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, & advocate for us.
Who were looking for:
- You love nothing more than pulling together lots of different data points & insights to outline a clear way forward for a brand
- You thrive when thinking conceptually & then tying insights & recommendations to tactics
- You are passionate about systematically propelling a brand forward
- You believe that resonant & relevant brands can drive business growth
- You pride yourself in your creativity & expansive thinking
- You find pleasure in systems, frames, & logic that make the complex easy to navigate & understand
- You love thinking about whats best for real world peoplebut similarly what can propel a brand & a business forward
- You are a feeler, & can be the emotional balance to others within the organization
- You nerd-out on all things brand related
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to explore
- You naturally prioritize & synthesize complex inputs
- You love when brands do great things in the world
- You major, above all, in empathy
Here is what you will do:
- Be the true owner of ~2 product categories, driving the work that must be done to establish Harrys in those categories & rallying the Harrys organization behind a shared vision
- Lead cross-functional projects, shepherding projects from conception to launch in close partnership with R&D, supply chain, & sales channel partners
- Partner with Project Management team to ensure on-time & successful launch across all channels
- Prepare Harrys for launches, educating the commercial teams & executive leadership on what it takes to win
- Maintain a consistent & robust understanding of the brands & businesses vying for our target audiences mindshare, & keep tabs on the cultural & product trends that are changing behaviors
- Analyze opportunities & threats we may encounter & have a POV on what we must do to lead
- Share your knowledge with the cross-functional team & executive leadership
- Define clear category strategies & product launch roadmapsevolving our meaning in categories where we play today & staking claim in where we could play in the future
- Uncover consumer insights in collaboration with our Insights team to drive category-level positioning & product suites that Harrys can get known for
- Assess new category opportunities by leveraging syndicated POS data (i.e, Nielsen)
- Partner with US & UK Brand teams to understand their markets & create strategies that ensures global consistency while flexing for their unique needs
- Create product concepts that resonate with consumers & drive differentiation & leadership
- Build strong business casesforecast volumes, determine pricing, & build the P&L to ensure opportunities meet financial objectives
- Develop resonant & clear evergreen communications to activate product concept consistently across channels & marketing tactics
- Brief Design & Creative teams on insights, positioning, & communication hierarchy to create packaging that brings Harrys distinct POV to life at shelf
- Develop a set of claims/messages necessary for activating our product positioning, & work with R&D to ensure substantiation
- Partner with retail & DTC teams on sell-in strategy to secure placement consistent with Harrys business objectives
- Represent whats best for the brand across conversations with competing needs (be it within marketing, or across functional groups internally)
- Keep brand consistency top of mind so we are our best selves in the eyes of consumers
- Fight for greatness
Technical Skills Needed:
You come equipped with the skills & knowledge that we would expect within a well-rounded brand marketer:
- Marketing concepts: knowledge of & ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g. brand positioning, brand architecture, competitive assessment, marketing strategies, segmentation).
- Brand marketing strategy: knowledge of information used to define brand strategic corridors & develop appropriate business solutions.
- Ideation & concept writing: ability to evaluate creative concepts & executions based on creativity, strategic alignment & consumer impact.
- Marketing research application: ability to leverage research results into actionable marketing & business building initiatives.
- Brand equity: knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume & brand equity.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in brand strategy and/or innovation, with experience in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Deep consumer understanding
- A gift at thinking deeply, widely, & creatively
- Comfort with ambiguity & nimbleness on your feet
- Experience with syndicated retail sales data (e.g., Nielsen or IRI)
- A talent at writing & creating compelling & emotionally rich narratives
- Familiarity with consumer products & digital products
- Excellent communication skills that resonate with people in the real world
- A Bachelors or other applicable advanced degree
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.