ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind & value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industrys best technology & the worlds best people. As a result of our teams tireless effort & dedication, were growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds & geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Territory Sales Manager, who has a background in the automotive space, a passion for cars, & wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Our Territory Managers are the face of our company. They need to understand the dealership & wholesale car business. They are "road warriors" who have boundless energy & work tirelessly to build their territory & provide our clients with the best service. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on trust, transparency, & credibility, & our Territory Managers deliver this to our customers every day.
What you will do:
- Develop & execute a strategic plan to grow & build out new business in your territory.
- Service accounts in person & via phone, looking for incremental growth opportunities.
- Utilizes Salesforce on a daily basis for reporting & tracking purposes.
- Achieve or exceed established sales goals.
- Develop relationships with dealers & dealer groups & leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Be very familiar with the competition & how to sell against it.
- Assess customers wholesale inventory needs & offer solutions to increase their business with ACV Auctions.
- Educate customers on the breadth of what our product can offer them & the services that will be made available to them.
- Forecast & report incoming business activity on a monthly & annual basis.
- Ensure both customers & prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly & accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Help proactively market the company to customers & convey the advantages of our product.
- Accountable & aware of the financial activity within your book of business.
- Adapt to changes in a book of business, customer contacts, & internal structure/role changes.
- Day to day management of Vehicle Condition Inspectors & KPI's.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years of dealership experience, on either the used or new car side of business required.
- Experience selling into dealerships & auction knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Ability to be on the road every day, traveling to both existing & prospect dealerships.
- Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position ACV Auctions.
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person & over the phone.
- Understanding of the importance of building internal & external networks to increase personal effectiveness.
- An upbeat & positive demeanor.
- Ability to be self-motivated & able to work independently.
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities & assists others in doing so.
- Experience using a CRM (preferably Salesforce) to maintain & plan sales pipeline.
- Ability to travel for meetings, training, etc..
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits.
- Upbeat, innovative culture.
- Flexible schedules.
- Professional training opportunities & upward mobility.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.