The Advanced Analytics Specialist is responsible for helping build our best-in-class Supply Chain Analytics. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for working with data to creatively & tenaciously solve complex problems. Your ultimate goal is use data to drive the right business outcomes & build strong relationships with the Technology & Supply Chain Operations teams you partner with.
What youll be working on
- Analytics: Work with large, messy, disparate datasets & conduct ad hoc back of the envelope analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions
- Modeling: Develop & improve upon our methodology for demand forecasting & inventory replenishment logic with some of the best data scientists in the industry
- Strategy: Design scalable workflows & tools to automate processes that would otherwise be manual & time-consuming
Youre a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have & can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends & colleagues to know whats happening in the world & staying in the know. You have a passion for working with data to deliver actionable guidance & drive business performance. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change & you have these main skills:
- Expert at SQL & Excel - ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must
- Strong business acumen & scrappiness - you approach problems in a scientific manner but can also execute pragmatically
- Excellent analytical, organizational, & written/verbal communication skills
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a highly analytical & data intensive role at a startup and/or finance/consulting firm (not including internships)
- BA/BS degree in Economics/Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent practical experience; relevant Master's Degree from a top-tier program is strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with VBA, R, Python, Looker, Tableau or other data analysis/visualization tools is a plus
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, & mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build & invest in new technology including open source tools & big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, & most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime & anywhere using online, mobile, social & stores. Walmarts mission is to become the smartest way to shop & save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service, weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.