Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
As an Analyst on the Payments Operations team you will serve as a resource for all things payments related. Youll utilize available data points & current processes to make & support decisions that have large financial & risk implications. In addition, youll ensure a seamless payments process by working with the payments team as well as other teams to improve our existing systems & processes.
What you'll do
- Execute day-to-day core operational tasks for the payments team, including ensuring accurate & timely payments processing as well as non-sufficient funds handling
- Problem-solve complex, high-risk payments-related issues by utilizing all available data points as well as your best judgment
- Manage cross-functional relationships & processes, working regularly with different teams on various projects (including our Customer Success & Accounting teams)
- Maintain & improve the existing payments processes through identifying inefficiencies & pain points, finding creative solutions to alleviate them (including non-engineering solutions)
- Construct, implement, & evaluate new payments processes, working alongside our product engineering & payments vendors to complete payment related projects
- Utilize our datas full potential through creating & implementing information dashboards to support payments processes
Who you are
- Comfortable with making & supporting risk based decisions on high-impact financial transactions
- Meticulous & detail-oriented, you pride yourself in finding mistakes or errors
- Intrigued by data & how it is collected as well as how you can use it in your everyday work
- A quick learner with an aptitude for picking up new product & subject matter with ease
- Able to work effectively within a team, cross-functionally, as well as working effectively on your own
- A strong written & verbal communicator
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years of work experience in an operations focused role
- Intermediate proficiency with Standard Query Language (SQL) & Excel
- Experience with and/or knowledge of ACH (Automated Clearing House) & Fedwire payments processing highly preferred
- Experience with business process management activities, CBPA or Six-Sigma certification preferred
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.