KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
KATERRA is seeking a Preconstruction Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is a construction professional who has experience estimating projects in excess of $40M.This position will oversee a team of Estimators supporting the Mid-Atlantic region & will be responsible for managing the entire estimating process from bidding to wining construction projects. This person will work closely with Project Management & development teams to ensure project success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage risk by establishing a realistic & complete project budget.
- Provide guidance in the subcontractor selection process, trade/scope delegation.
- Support market through business development activities. Create & establish strong brand recognition, developing strong relationships with clients, attend industry networking events, & be an advocate for the Katerra brand.
- Develop talent by setting expectations for job performance, offering opportunities for growth & learning.
- Empower team by ensuring they have the appropriate resources to thrive.
- Establish strong relationships with owners, subcontractors, & operations.
- Present to owners & make recommendations.
- Stay up to date on market & industry trends.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in construction, engineering, or related discipline
- 5-10 years experience construction estimating experience local trade contractor market knowledge a plus, prior construction field experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of construction materials & processes.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Timberline, Cortex, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be proactive & work with a sense of urgency.
- Establish strong relationships & partnerships with project managers, superintendents, & subcontractors & development team.
- Demonstrates solid communication skills, strong attention to detail, able to lead & facilitate meetings with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leader & company team player.
- Ability to effectively coordinate, organize, plan, & manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Ability to maintain focus while working in a high level, fast paced environment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.