About the Team
The Stitch Fix Product Imaging Post-Production team (PIPP team) sits within Creative Operations & is responsible for all post-production processes within the Product Imaging studio network. We are responsible for the coordination, quality inspections & data verification of all Product Imaging media assets from the RAW file processing stage on the production floor to their final storage destination(s). We continually strive to enable & empower our team members to use their creative, technical & operational talents to the fullest.
About the Role
The PIPP Team Lead role is a contracted position & is responsible for the relationship with our external pathing & retouching vendors, the timely processing of all product imaging assets & the overall post-production team performance. You will lead the PIPP team members (Image Review Specialists, File managers, Data Specialists, Color Accuracy Specialists) & remain in close communication with our on-set digital techs to ensure the smooth progression of all Product Imaging assets through our entire post-production process. This role can be a remote position with minimal travel, but will be given access to PI studio facilities as needed. To better monitor the quality of our image & video assets the PIPP Team Lead will assist in reviewing Product Imaging assets (along with the Image Specialists) from our global studio network & our outside post-production vendor partners (pathing, retouching, compositing, etc.)on a daily basis. You will be accountable for the PIPP team identifying any image discrepancies or file errors that do not achieve our high standards or tight tolerances, & communicate this information to the appropriate production team and/or external vendors. The PIPP team lead will track all KPI, rejection data & delivery times to create reports communicating these details with studio leadership. This role is critical to the overall success of our imaging processes & to providing an excellent customer experience. You will be expected to contribute new ideas for improving image quality, on-set capture methods & post-production workflows in a fast-paced, ever-evolving global studio network.
The ideal candidate has a keen eye for details, years of experience working within retouching teams, as a digital technician and/or with file management processes in the media production or ecommerce space. You must be highly organized with a passion for photo & video production & post-production. The assets you will work with are foundational to everything the Product Imaging team does & is often in high demand by various stakeholders on quick turnarounds. Youll be immersed in the full lifecycle of our assets & will be expected to contribute to strategies to make each phase in that lifecycle efficient. This role will report to the Director of Product Imaging & have technical & operational support from the Systems & Tools team, the IT team & the PI Imaging Studio(s) Production team.
Proof of Industry-standard computer imaging equipment & software, calibrated monitor & fast-internet speeds may be required.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Be the post-production SME & knowledgeholder of all post-production processes for the Product Imaging team
- Manage the relationship with existing post-production vendors to ensure all work meets or exceeds our imaging standards
- Be the main liaison with our post-production vendors on all new imaging initiatives & any tests/trials they perform for new workflows
- Review images from vendors & in-house studios to ensure all work meets or exceeds our imaging standards
- Provide reporting to studio leadership on productivity, quality levels & rejection rates on a daily & weekly basis
- Lead conversations with internal partners & stakeholders regarding post-production processes & image quality
- Maintain internal post-production documents & style guides
- Work with internal studio teams to forecast incoming volume & schedule the team accordingly
- Maintain the schedule of all post-production contributors
- Lead daily or weekly stand-ups for post-production team
- Work with studio leadership & our recruiting team to attract & hire the industrys best post-production contributors
- Train freelance & remote team members as they are onboarded
- Contribute to solutions that keep our high-volume studios shooting continuously
- Contribute to evolving processes & new ways of working with internal & external production teams
- Have high-quality, industry-standard, OS-based computer imaging equipment, calibrated monitor(s) & reliable high-speed internet connection(s)
- Are excited about learning new industry processes & implementing new post-production developments into an already successful system
Were excited about you because you have...
- 4+ years of digital-tech or retouching experience working in a high volume photo production environment, with 2+ years in a leadership role
- Highly refined attention to detail, ability to learn new software tools quickly
- Expertise in working with standard imaging & production tools (ie Capture One, Photoshop & other industry standard Adobe Creative Suite applications)
- Demonstrated experience in file management & successful organizational practices
- A solution-oriented attitude in addressing day-to-day challenges
- Knowledge on basic Mac OS scripting & file management automation capabilities, you can both write & document basic scripts
- The ability to quickly iterate & make changes in how you work to fit the evolving needs of a scaling business
- Experience onboarding & managing freelance digital-techs, retouchers, file managers or other imaging specialists
- An excellent understanding of industry standard or emerging still photography cameras, lighting, videography, & other production equipment
- The ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects while meeting daily deadlines
- A solution-oriented attitude in addressing day-to-day challenges
Why Youll Love Working at Stitch Fix
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind & motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech & fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically & data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients & connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively & trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We dont take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages & comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix & will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, were about personal styling for everybody & we believe in both a service & a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. Were the first fashion retailer to combine technology & data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers & doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers & a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, & kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface of opportunity, & were looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.