FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Roster has a spot with your name on it
We are looking for a Manager to lead one of FanDuel Groups Data Engineering teams across Edinburgh & Glasgow. This role will be to ensure the delivery of reliable, timely, & consumable data for corporate reporting & downstream analytics.
Data is a key component of the FanDuel business, used by almost every facet of the company, including product development, marketing, operations, & finance. It is vital that we deliver robust solutions that ensure reliable access to data with a focus on quality & availability.
Our competitive edge comes from making decisions based on accurate & timely data, & as one of our engineering managers, you will lead your team in the delivery of that data across the whole company. Looking ahead to the next phase of our data platform we are keen to do more with real time data processing & working with our data scientists to create machine learning pipelines.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This is a role for someone who is looking to exercise & develop their core leadership skills both from a technical & people management point of view. You will have established Software or Data Engineering capabilities, as well as people manager capabilities. In this role, you will be managing & leading a newly formed data engineering team in the UK, ensuring the delivery of reliable, timely, & consumable data within a software development environment.
You should have a passion for imparting knowledge & a proven ability to grow a team & lead it to success. You will show a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, your experience should be built on a solid foundation of engineering development & operational support & you should be able to show a proven background in coaching/ people management
What were looking for in our next teammate
- A strong technology background, with experience of data engineering or data warehouse development
- Experience of managing team functions & objectives, developing deliverables & capacity planning
- People management, communication, presentation & facilitation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects across all product verticals & coordinate delivery activities
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams, including Project Managers & other stakeholders to define the roadmap for data products & translate this into user stories
- Oversee daily activities of team & provide direction & guidance as needed
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.