With over 2 million websites using our web player, we know a thing or two about makingvideo easy for developers to work with. Our mobile SDKs aim to provide those same world-class video tools to native app developers building Android applications.
As a Software Engineer on the JW Player Mobile team, you will use your skills to enhance our JW Player SDK for Android, which enables developers to easily build video & audio playback experiences into any Android application.
Were not looking to make the next cool app -- were looking to enable the next thousand cool apps (and beyond) to build engaging video experiences.
In this role you will:
- Create innovative, flexible media APIs for developers using the latest technologies, including Android Lollipop, System WebView, Chromecast, HTML5, VAST advertising, Google IMA, MPEG-DASH, HLS, WebM & more.
- Build & maintain JW Player SDK for Android deliverables (.aar library, demo applications, API documentation, etc.)
- Prototype new ideas & explore innovative new features in the SDK
- Interact with our growing community of Android developers
- Work on a cross-functional team to define business requirements & set product direction
- Work as part of a scrum team in an Agile environment
- 2+ years software engineering
- 3+ years Android app and/or SDK development experience
- Commercial experience creating & shipping at least one native Android application
- Experience working in a team of agile, collaborative & resourceful engineers
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with modern software development tools such as Git, Jenkins, Gradle, etc.
- Mobile video experience (Android MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer, ffmpeg, libav)
- Contributions to open-source media projects
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.