What You Get To Do Every Day
- Facilitate Luxury Consignment Office appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their jewelry & watches in our marketplace
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends & the sell thru velocity of their respective category in our marketplace by working with Pricing & Authentication team
- Communicate pricing & authentication methodologies in live appointment setting
- Accountable for the sell thru & velocity of all product brought in through the Luxury Consignment Office
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Accountable for all other requests as necessary to support the Luxury Consignment Office as determined by Associate Director, Valuations Team
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- 2-5 years experience working in the luxury space in a customer facing role.
- Sales experience encouraged
- Graduate Gemologist certification from the Gemological Institute of America required
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each & every day
- Gemological identification experience along with pricing expertise
- Knowledge of watch industry pricing & authenticity
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool & collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal & written)
- Demonstrates the skill & willingness to take initiative & to proactively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external & internal deadlines as required
- Ability to foresee potential obstacles well in advance of campaign launch dates & to problem solve in order to ensure proper
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.