We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others contribute more & develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting & building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
The Infrastructure team builds the foundation we need to support our web & mobile applications, & API. We build & operate the software that enables Asanas security, scalability, & speed. Each day, we combine industry best-practices & innovation to support our product-focused company.
The Reykjavik office launched in January 2019 & will be expanding this year. As the offices second Engineering Manager, youre responsibilities are: growing the office from a single team to multiple teams, managing one of those teams, & strengthening team culture & career development.
What you'll achieve
- Manage & lead a new team within the Reykjavik office with focus on impactful deliveries
- Build out the Reykjavik office, thinking about the office culture, how the teams evolves, & how the office interacts with the rest of Asana
- Guide the articulation & execution of the roadmap of Asanas infrastructure to support web & mobile clients
- 1+ year of engineering management experience
- Can rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team through your rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity, & technical skills
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself & your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion such as design documentation & white-boarding sessions
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
- Kind & intellectually mature
We value diversity. We provide a hiring & working experience in which all people know & feel that theyre equally respected & valued regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, political views, or any other aspect which makes someone unique. Wed love to see what youd add to our team.
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries organize & manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohls, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group & Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, & Reykjavk, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, & veteran statuses, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.