Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, weve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And were not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup & others have invested over $150MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better Opportunity:
Were building Better.com as a brand from the ground up & we need a copywriter to help us shape & execute it across a range of deliverables. This person will be able to marry our brand voice with creative thinking to drive action & inspire trust.
Youre a fast-moving self-starter who can take an assignment & ladder on strategic thinking based on a problem & the audience. You know when to ask questions & when to own something all the way through.
Projects & deliverables change by the day from emails & landing pages to digital ads, social, print, video, & sales scripts, so you should be just as effective with long & short form writing.
- You have 6+ years of copywriting experience
- Youre already excited by the idea of talking about mortgages all day, every day
- You think strategically about how copy works to drive conversion & business goals
- You know how to build a relationship & brand loyalty through copy
- Youre an expert at explaining complicated products to consumers
- You have integrated experience. You understand how an email should complement a landing page
- Youre good at adapting brand tone to fit difference scenarios
- Youre able to work just as well independently as with an art partner
- Youre a stickler for grammar & punctuation, but know when to relax the rules
- You have a portfolio that shows a range of the above
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.