--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organisations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a coach & a leader at heart. You love building & enabling successful sales development teams through a clear vision, structure & strategy. You're known for being able to create a thriving team culture based on a shared set of values & appropriately designed incentives.
You know what it's like to be part of a high volume outbound sales prospecting group, & what it takes to drive consistent, high quality results. You understand the importance of ensuring consistent quality & quantity of professional outreach & qualification of clients & prospects. You embrace getting on the phone & lead by example.
You're focused on process & best practices while at the same time welcoming autonomy & input from your team. You pride yourself in your ability to build strong relationships across departments & Sales Management, & being able to effectively build scalable plans & repeatable processes to drive growth. You can motivate your team & keep morale high while also enforcing company policies & keeping staff within bounds.
You love creating a fun, high-energy environment where people love coming to work. You're passionate about the Dataminr product & ready to build out a best-in-class SDR team.
- Manage & lead a growing Inside Sales team of 5+ outbound Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) supporting our business verticals
- Build efficient processes to identify & research lists of companies to target
- Support SDR team in the development of effective & customised email & phone campaigns to successfully generate new business opportunities, including thoughtful & thorough preparation for pitches & demos
- Drive key performance metrics to ensure enough quality pipeline to help meet monthly revenue targets
- Regularly report on key individual & team metrics to identify strengths & areas of improvement
- Generate accurate forecast to properly project quarterly & yearly team results
- Hire & train new hires
- Maintain & continuously build upon market & industry knowledge
- Partner with Sales Operations to train & optimise SDR team from onboarding through continuing education
- Work closely with Sales Operations & Sales Management to define strategy & processes that improve productivity & drive value throughout the sales funnel
- Partner with Sales Management to develop career paths & growth opportunities for SDRs, support team in achieving growth & next steps in their career at Dataminr
- Drive team motivation & healthy competition to exceed goals through training, coaching, mentorship, competitions, & creative incentives
- Provide mentorship & unique learning opportunities to ensure continued development of the team
- Drive continuous improvement in sales development process, efficiency & productivity
- Work with Marketing to ensure quality generation, education & nurturing of leads
- Actively communicate with & partner with Sales Leadership & contribute to the knowledge, insights & betterment of overall sales organisation
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of progressive experience in B2B quota-bearing sales roles with a proven track record of sales success
- 1/2+ years of sales management or leadership experience
- Experience in high-growth technology and/or SaaS environment
- Experience using Salesforce.com is advantageous
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognise & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents such as Health & Dental insurance, Vision Care & Income Protection & Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals, Bi-monthly company outings, Dataminr Yoga
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical wellbeing, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy & applicable data protection laws. By providing your details & applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.