CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues & more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses & our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
The Hardware Engineer role contributes to the mechanical & electrical design of all CLEAR physical products. This position is contributing to the designing, prototyping, & scaled fabrication of CLEAR consumer hardware products, & sits on our Physical Products team.
What You Will Do:
- Provide hands-on mechanical, electrical design/prototyping for all hardware projects
- Support manufacturing needs & help ensure quality of all CLEAR hardware products
- Lead research of new materials & components to increase compliance & decrease cost
- Collaborate with hardware team to write documentation for hardware product design
- Create technical instructions to inform assembly on production line
- Support on-site hardware team needs at NYHQ & elsewhere as needed
- Electrical PCB design skillset a plus
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of mechanical, electrical or hardware engineering experience
- Consumer products experience - completed at least a product life cycles or familiarity with product life cycles
- Cross-functional experience in hardware, software, reliability & manufacturing
- Understanding of hardware systems, including materials, sensors, displays, audio & power management, firmware
- Experience working with development & manufacturing partners in Asia (TAA compliance a plus)
- Experience with technical document writing
- Experience with document & revision control
- Passion for the intersection of hardware & software to create frictionless user experiences
- Demonstrated track record building stakeholder relationships through outstanding communications & collaboration skills
- Bias towards action & shipping vs making things perfect
- Growth mindset: self-aware of strengths & areas to develop