Senior Mobile Engineer, iOS
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
You are an engineer with more than seven years' mobile application experience who is passionate about creating a fantastic experience. You want to make your mark & help shape one of NYC's fastest-growing startups. You feel that it is critical that your voice is heard in product & business decisions.
You have strong opinions on code structure & modularization. You are a great listener, communicator, & collaborator. You take care to understand before making yourself understood.
At Compass You Will:
- Create & refine high-performance mobile apps that push the limits of mobile technology to solve a real-world problem
- Build novel real estate products for agents & consumers that helps get their jobs done & run smoothly
- Design, architect, & implement well-tested code in Swift codebase.
- Mentor junior developers, lead the implementation of features, work cross-functionally to unblock your team
- Work closely with our product & design teams to customize the Compass experience for the iOS platform
- Analyze & optimize UI & back-end application code for efficiency & performance
- Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
What We Look For:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 7+ years' experience developing mobile application for iOS environment.
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms & data structures) & problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software design patterns & iOS best practices
- Ability to collaborate across engineering & design teams
- Ability to recognize & implement modern product design
- Team players who can be solutions-driven while collaborating without ego
- Experience with Swift & iOS ecosystem
- Bonus: Experience with CoreML, AR/VR technologies.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!